- Do you have trouble sleeping?
- Do you lie awake for hours in the middle of the night? Or find it hard to get to sleep.
- Do you wake refreshed, ready for the day? Or tired, lethargic and craving carbohydrates and caffeine.
- Is the lack of sleep staring to worry you, which makes the insomnia worse?
- Is it starting to affect your health, your relationships with loved ones? Impacting on your performance at work?
Insomnia can have a huge impact on our mential and physial health and not one to underestimated. Almost every single bodily system depends on regular restful sleep for recovery and maintenance, notably the heart, the brain and nervous system, the digestive tract, the hormonal system, the reproductive organs, and the immune system. We need to sleep to be able to handle stress and to fight inflammation.
However, there is support out there in for the form of good nurition and positive lifestyle changes, which will support the relevant neurotransitters responsbile for helping us get to sleep. Simple additions/changes may make a difference for example, making sure you are eating enough protein, getting enough essential vitamins and mineral, reducing blue screen and implementing a sleep hygiene program. Start Here
Back to Symptoms